Bill Me Later

Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Rainy 4th of July

Well here in Middle Tennessee we have been enjoying the passing rain showers for the last week.  Honestly, we enjoy them because it keeps the garden well watered with the fresh rain water.  We welcome this because we have city water, not well water, that means we have no idea what is in the water that we would water our plants with.  We have no worries in the house because we use our Kangen Water System for everything!  Well today the rain went to a whole other level, it was an all day, soaking rain.  I know we need rain but how I dread an all day rain, it just drains all motivation from me!  However, I always find something to do.  This little swimming pool was dry last night when we went to bed, when I took this picture it was over half full.  When I went to check the animals at dark tonight it was almost over flowing, thats alot of rain, at least the ducks are loving it, if you look close you can see the feathers, they were swimming in here!

Last night my in laws came back home with the kids, they had been gone for almost 2 weeks back home visiting before school starts in August. So today was an exciting day hearing about what they did and what they missed!  Today the boys went to the woodshop with their dad to check out the new CNC machine we bought last week.  They were pretty impressed!  I will get some pictures together tomorrow to post of the dog they carved. 

I had an experience the last couple days with on of my easter egger cchickens.  I have an easter egger chicken who on ooccasion will lay a really rough feeling egg, but it was really "rough".  Check out these pictures, it looks like mountains.


I am puzzled, I guess I will have to do some research!  I hope everyone enjoyed this glorious holiday celebrating our countries Independence.  We did not get to enjoy an spectacular fireworks because of the weather but we will try again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment