Bill Me Later

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Freezing Strawberries

Freezing or preserving fruit is one the easiest and most satisfying things you can do.  In my house we freeze almost any fruit imaginable.  Strawberries are plentiful now so I chose to freeze some.  You can do this sweetened or not its your choice.  I simply wash and dry the berries, slice the way I like them(quartered), and sprinkle a little sugar or honey on them, blend well and your done.  As for the freezing part a lot of people freeze them on a cookie sheet first, so they are frozen individually, I lack the freezer space this year so I am putting them in a bag and they will do just fine, I will just use them all at the same time when I unthaw.  I  used freezer bag  this time and  my husband get out as much air as possible, to prevent freezer burn, usually I use my vac  u sealer  but I have not found it yet from the move:) That's it your done and have some
strawberries for the middle of winter!


 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment