Bill Me Later

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fleas And More Fleas Homemade Flea & Tick Spray for Animals

I have been absent from my blog for a while, my husband has been keeping me too busy, way too busy.  However, I do have to say at least he has kept me busy outside so I have a really nice tan, well at least for my standards.  Well its  time for me to get back to work sharing my do it yourself ideas, whether my husband thinks I'm crazy or not:)

When we live in Ohio I never treated our animals for fleas and ticks, we just never had a problem with them.  The springtime here is middle has made me hit reality hard when it comes to ticks and fleas.  We do let our chickens roam about the yard to eat the little critters but it just is not enough.  I really did not want to use any chemicals on the animals because the kids like to lug the cats around and lay on the dog.  I searched the internet and found a simple and fairly effective recipe for flea and tick control.

8oz apple cider vinegar
4oz warm water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix the salt and baking soda together.  Second mix the water and vinegar together in your spray bottle, shake well.  Finally add the salt and baking soda mixture slowly, there will be a slight chemical reaction. Give it a couple good shakes and its ready.  Spray your animals down well, as often as needed.  I even used this on our kittens!

An additional tip for those of you with carpets, sprinkle borax on the carpet, let it sit for 1-2 hours them vacuum well.

No comments:

Post a Comment