Bill Me Later

Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Mary Kay Me?

My life in the last few years has changed alot.  My family and I used to run a wholesale foodservice business, we closed almost three years ago to concentrate on other things.  In the last two years we did just that, we ran our own potato salad business, did CSA's(community supported agriculture), did several farmers markets, raised our own animals to sell, and ran a market for senior nutrition.  WE loved doing this some of use worked other jobs, my husband ran a nearby dairy farm, we were busy, too busy.  Last summer my husband approached us all with the idea of selling and moving, he has always wanted to do!  I personally had been against it for years but I did not put up a fight this time, maybe it was because I was just wore out, maybe burned out, or both.  Well we all agreed and our little farm sold in less than two weeks, who would have thought.  It was with this I pulled a card out of my mother in laws book that said "It was meant to be".

We looked for months and finally found our wonderful homestead in northern middle Tennessee, which I love.  We started a woodworking business, where my husband makes molding, cutting boards(we sell alot of those), and signs, or anything else he comes up with.  We started an EBay store, has professional help from a wonderful woman named Sharon Ware and here is her website, she can do anything not just EBay http://dandelionconsulting.com/.  We went from no sales to about $700 in a few weeks, that's awesome the work is beautiful:)  I love EBay, I was addicted to it but just buying, I had no choice in the beginning my kids love old shows and cartoons so EBay was the only place I could find the out of date toys.

With that said we are moving right along, but I am used to being very busy and I wanted something  more, but what?  I had long ago looked into Avon or Mary Kay, but I was never a make up person and do I want to do parties?  I did just move to Tennessee and know nobody, other than the ladies at the grocery:)  I had thought long and hard and last week I had decided I might just try Avon, its cheap enough, but then on my way to Cookeville to send a Fed Ex a good friend of mine, actually she was one of my sisters best friends, but I stole her, gave me a call that changed my mind.  It was casual conversation then she asked me about giving Mary Kay a try, I told her I was not sold on the makeup thing.  She said she understood but its not all about just wearing make up this company cares about its consultants and it customers.  I told her I would give it some thought and get back with her.

Well that was a week ago, she needed an interview to meet a goal so I told her sure why not!  Well in this interview I met her director, Debbie Wagner, who reminded me of myself in many ways like how she used to feel about makeup.  However, during that conversation that was suppose to be 15 minutes that turned into at least 45 minutes I learned alot about  how this company can and will change my life if I only allow it.  I hung up from that call intrigued, Rachelle was attacked with countless questions for days, and I still gave her no solid answer, man I am the customer I hated when I worked sales.  Finally, my husband told me just do it, you want to!  He was right, I had to take the next step, and I did that last night! 

I am hopeful about this new endeavor.  I have alot to learn and I can keep in contact with friends and family from home a little easier, I have a reason to call!  In addition to that, I can meet my neighbors and my new community! So reader beware I am soon going to add Mary Kay to my many posts, if you have any interest in theproducts let me know.  I will have my own special Mary Kay website soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment