Bill Me Later

Friday, March 1, 2013

Vinegar and Deodorant?Athletes Foot?

Vinegar is awesome at cutting smells and cleaning!  I should know I mop all my floors and do all my cleaning with vinegar and a homemade crud scrub.  I make my own deodorant that works great, but what if you can not apply deodorant, what do you do just smell?  I am thinking next time I make deodorant I am going to use a little vinegar in the mixture and see what happens since it can cut the smell out of anything.  However, before then if you can not apply deodorant or just want to try something different simply soak a cotton ball in vinegar and rub it in your arm pits to kill the odor.  This will not last all day, if you like this method you will need to reapply a couple times a day, depending on how much you sweat.

Right along the same lines falls foot odor.  I do not have foot odor but have long battled athletes foot, it is frustrating to get rid of nothing seems to keep it away but vinegar.  My husband told me for years soak your feet in vinegar or at least rub some on your feet to kill the fungus, I declined.  However, in the last year I have became more open to alternative methods of healing so I tried it.  I mixed 1 cup of vinegar with 1-2 cups of warm water and soaked my feet. I want to warn you if you have any open cuts or irritation it is gonna BURN big time.  I honestly was crying like a baby, while my husband laughed, but it worked.  It not only killed the athletes foot but I have the softest feet I think I have ever had.

I have been impressed with the many uses for vinegar over the last year and I hope to continue to share these ideas with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment