Bill Me Later

Monday, March 25, 2013

Detox the Bathroom: Homemade Tub & Shower Magic

I hate to clean the bathroom with a passion, for one reason only, three little boys!  The boys are great but they like to get dirty, not just a little, alot like head to toe covered with mud, not to mention they have issues hitting the toilet or even picking up the lid, yuck!!!  So you can imagine what I go through cleaning the bathtub after those muddy baths or cleaning the toilet after a kid who can aim.  I have struggled with bathroom cleaners since ridding our cabinets of chemical cleaners.  I have used vinegar, vinegar and baking soda, and mixtures my husband had come up with but I never as truly satisfied.  However, my cousin gave me a recipe for a homemade Tub & Shower Magic, I was so stinking excited.

This past Sunday I had time to mix this up since my boys went back home to Ohio to visit, yes you have to be thinking she has no kids and she is making cleaner, whats wrong with her!  I not only made this but I made more fabric softener, toothpaste, homemade Febreze, and homemade Ketchup!  Anyway, back to my task at hand this cleaner is super easy to make, but you get no pictures, I went to upload them and my batteries are too low in my camera:(  The kids are not here to steal batteries out of their Wii remotes, dang it!

12 oz white vinegar
12 oz dish soap--my cousin had Dawn listed, I had Ajax, I used it and it worked great!
1 spray bottle

Heat vinegar in microwave until hot. Add Dawn--Dish Soap and put in spray bottle, shake well. Only catch is you need to reheat every time you use it! Suppose to do the work for you, just spray on and leave.

I actually chose to scrub mine and it was so shiny and just looked great when I was done:)  I encourage you to give this a try, this is cheap, easy and actually works!


No comments:

Post a Comment