Bill Me Later

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cake in a Pinch

I have a 2 year old who thinks every time you make a cake its a birthday cake!  It cute because he will bring you a box of cake mix(I am trying to use up so we can start making our own, I hope)and he says,"Make my birthday cake!"  I am not really a big cake maker because we just will not eat it all and I hate to let it go to waste.  However, my oldest son turned seven two weeks ago and I made him a birthday cake and now everyday I hear my two year old request a birthday cake, I hate to say no but we just do not need a big cake.  However, I have seen a recipe as of late all over Facebook and Pinterest I thought I would give it a try.

Its pretty simple, mix your choice of any boxed cake mix and a box of angel food cake mix(this one can not change).  After they thoroughly mixed put them in an airtight container, its all ready to make whenever you have a craving for a little something sweet or a two year old who needs a "birthday cake"

When you want to make it take a coffee mug and put 3 tbsps of the cake mix in the cup then add 2 tbsps of water, mix until well blended.  Microwave for 1 minute and its done, top with anything you want like icing or fruit or nothing like me.  So I made this and tested it today and guess what I was my 2 year olds favorite person today:)

Pick your choice of any boxed cake mix and an angel food cake mix.



The 2 cake mixes in the bowl ready to mix.


Stir and Stir some more.

Spoon out 3 tbsps of mix into a coffee mug.

Add 2 tbsps of water.

Now mix this until smooth.

 Looks Ready.
 Smooth it out and put it in the microwave.
It only takes 1 minute.


1 minute later you have a mini "birthday cake".
Eat it in the cup or pop it on a plate!
 
Give this a try it easy and the kids will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment