Bill Me Later

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Detox the Bathroom 5

I have been absent from here almost a week, you see spring is close and we have the fever.  We moved in the fall so we have to build our new farm from nothing.  On our home place here in Middle Tennessee we have forty acres, 35 of it is wooded.  So we have been trying to clear more pasture ground for our pigs and hopefully, some cows this spring and not to mention the bee hives we are going to try to start so we can have our own raw honey.  We have been cutting sugar out of our diet and replacing it with nice alternatives like honey and stevia.  Well that is where I have been hiding in a nut shell, I have still been hard at work on do it yourself ideas. 

I have been working to rid my bathroom of chemicals, but have struggled with shampoo.  There are alot of recipes out there but some of the ingredients can be hard to find or difficult to make.  My husband had an idea months ago when we started to make the glycerin soap, why not use it to shampoo our hair?  I was like are you crazy?  He says no really why not its glycerin which they put in shampoo and conditioner and other good ingredients with no chemicals, ya know maybe, just maybe he had something.

He started to use it immediately!  My husband is bald to say it nicely, he has been since he got out of high school, all three of his brothers are too, must be good genes I guess!  Anyway he is shiny on top and took to using the soap right away.  This was in November when he started, in January he needed a haircut.  He had been telling me I think my hair is growing back and I did not believe him one bit.  However, when I cut his hair the clippers actually made the snipping sound when I cut his hair on the top of his head.  I could not believe it, his hair was really growing back.  How? Why?  It did not take us long at all to figure out why the glycerin soap had helped his hair, it was simple no chemicals.  If you stop and think about your shampoos are full of chemicals and you put it on your hair, what is it gonna do kill your hair!

After this event in January I decided I was going to try to use the bar soap.  If you know me my hair is far from beautiful, it is a massive naturally curly mess that looks dry and brittle.  When you wash your hair with shampoo full of chemicals it strips your hair of everything so your glands will create oils to make up for this, keep this in mind.  When I started to use the bar soap, I use my oatmeal honey glycerin soap, it lathers great, just wet your hair and rub the bar in your hair and it will suds like you would not believe.  It worked great but for two weeks my hair was so oily, the oil glands were still producing but my hair was not being stripped by the chemicals.  It was at the two week point that my hair began to be wonderful, it was soooo soft and easy to manage.  I have what I call stagnant hair, it never grows, not even when I am pregnant, but it has grown at least an inch since last month.

I am so excited about using the bar soap to wash my hair, its easy to make and perfectly safe for me and my family.  If you have not made the homemade glycerin soap check out my recipe in my blog:)  If you try to use the bar soap please do not give up if your hair gets really oily, it will pass when your body regulates itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment