Bill Me Later

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Childrens Artwork Display

When my oldest son started school I could not wait for him to start bringing home pictures or papers he had done to hang all over my fridge.  It was great when it started but then it turned into madness because we did not have enough room, and boy oh boy would he get upset with me if I took something down.  So I thought and thought and finally came to me, I would hang them from the wall!  How you wonder its simple, you can do this where ever you have two nails or molding you can slip a string behind.

At our old house we had double front doors so it was about a nine foot span and we never used them so it would be a perfect location.  I took a piece of yarn and worked it in behind a piece of molding on both top corners and it looped down .  Next I put 10-12 clothespins on the yarn line and hang school papers and pictures galore. This works great too for hanging pictures you take and print out to the normal size of 3x5.  Another idea is to hang two lines.  When we moved in November this was one of the first things I needed to erect!  I was not lucky enough to have the double doors to use this time but I had a wall by a big window that works perfectly.  On the walls I just put two panel nails in the wall and strung the yarn between the two to create the lop. One nice things about our new house is I was able to hang a picture of my three boys in the center which really set it off.

This is a simple way to hang your child's papers or artwork, my design is not fancy but I know everyone has a creative bone in their body, try tinsel, rope, etc. Be creative!

This is a nice display of how my project helps to display all those papers the kids bring home from school:)

Clothespins work great because they can hold multiple or heavy items and are easily moved.

At our new house I just put in two panel nails and strung the yarn on them to create the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment