Bill Me Later

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Homemade Pudding Pops

Growing up I used to eat Pudding Pops all the time.  I have not seen them in stores in years, of course I have not looked for them since I was young either:)  Anyway I am on a quest to stop buying as much as I can from the grocery store, to limit our exposure to processed gmo filled products, and to have the sustainability idea in sight.  My kids love ice cream and Popsicles like they are going out of style.  I honestly believe my two year old would and could live on Popsicles if I would let him.  I have several Popsicle ideas in mind but today I did not have much time so I thought about making some pudding pops, they are good and super easy.  This weekend I want to make a yogurt Popsicle with fruit, look for that next week:)

Today I was in a hurry because we were out of Popsicles and the two year old was going through withdraw and I had to help my husband so I did not get any pictures taken but this is so simple you don't need a visual.

1 box of pudding--it can be instant, the cooked kind, or your own pudding mixture.
2 cups of milk

Mix the cold milk and pudding in a bowl until well blended, it does not  need to be thickened.  Once you have it mixed you can put it in a Popsicle maker mold, ice cube trays or paper/Styrofoam cups.  Today I used an ice cube tray and a small muffin pan.  Fill up the containers, let it sit for a minute then place sticks in each Popsicle and place in freezer.  Let them freeze for at least 5 hours and they are done.  You can also make two separate puddings and layer it in the containers for a cool look.

Please give it a try it simple and my kids just love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment