Bill Me Later

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Jack LaLanne Power Juicer

We have been striving to make changes in our diet for our health, it has been a long process, years to say the least but I think we are finally making progress!  Over the years we have put more fruits and veggies in our diets which I love, I am not a big meat eater!  We have changed what we drink, how we eat, but what else could we do?  Juice, why had we not thought about this before, I always overlook the obvious!  We talked to some of our customers and friends and most of them told us to get a Jack LaLanne Juicer, so we did some research online and it looked pretty good.  We have decided not to go to all juice but we are going to drink it with our meals!

However, we still did not take the plunge until my mother in law got sick last Friday at our house and we had to call the ambulance.  She was not even out of the driveway in the ambulance before my husband had me ordering the juicer, and paying for express shipping:)  He says I am not patient I think he one upped me!  Anyway that was last Friday, the UPS confirmation said it was out for delivery on Thursday, that made me impatient all day.  I was in and out all day so each time I came home I went to each door and walked over to the other house on our property just in case it was a new guy and he left it there, and nothing.  I was starting to stress usually UPS is by our house in early afternoon but by 5:30 I was making supper and it still was not here.  I just kept thinking the driver could not find us!  However, just as we were sitting down about 6 p.m., the UPS man arrived and literally attacked him before he had the truck in park!

Supper was ready but no one cared, as we pulled fruit and veggies out of the fridge like a pack of wild animals, we were making juice, finally.  The kids were so excited because I have cut out alot of juice in their diet because of all the sugar it contains.  Well anything you can imagine went into this mixture, carrots, celery, cucumbers, radishes, oranges, apples, spinach, and strawberries.  It looked far from appealing with a faint green color like baby poop but it smelled great, taste test time.  We all poured ourselves a big glass and yuck, it tasted like celery.  I like celery but man was it over powering!  I could not drink it, but my husband, mother in law and my 2 youngest boys were troopers and drank it!  Note to self: take it easy on the celery!

Friday morning we made fresh orange juice in the morning. no celery, it was great!  We skipped lunch since we are all so busy but dove right in at supper.  However, since we all like different things we juiced enough for one glass at a time.  My oldest son and I are super picky so we just went with apple but everyone else changed it up!  We are just getting warmed up on this juicing thing but I am super excited.  This week I am going to juice some fruit and make some home made Popsicles, another item we have cut out because of the sugar and additives!  I encourage you to check out www.powerjuicer.com, they have a 1 month trial for $14.95 that I think is worth a shot if you are not sure you want to juice and make the investment.  The most popular juicer is only $100.00, that's a great price.  Just think of how much more nutrition you will get out of the raw juiced fruits and veggies!

I am going to have to post my pictures in another post, my husband took the laptop and the pictures have been uploaded on it and I am stuck on the desktop!

Here is a stock photo from another one of my blogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment