Bill Me Later

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Homemade Powder Laundry Soap

Making homemade laundry soap has to be one of the easiest things you can do, literally.  I make both powder and liquid but today I am going to show you powder.

I want to make sure I say this up front this laundry soap IS SAFE FOR HE MACHINES, HE Machines mean low suds and this laundry soap is low suds, like I said before suds do not clean!

Ingredients

1 cup Borax--found in laundry aisle at grocery
1 cup Washing Soda--found in laundry or cleaning aisle at the grocery--this is not the same as Baking Soda--
1 Bar of Soap

Take your bar of soap, any kind will work, I use a bar of my homemade soap.  Grate the soap as small as you can.

In a large Ziploc bag put the grated soap inside with 1 cup each of Borax and Washing Soda.

For about 3-5 minutes mix this mixture in the ziploc bag, you are going to need to mush the soap with the Borax and Washing Soda to incorporate it properly.

Once you are done mixing, its done!  Use 1 tbsp per load, 2 tbsp if really soiled.  This amount of laundry soap should wash 32-64 loads, now that's pretty awesome!  My pictures are not too good tonight, not sure why just not:(  In about 1 week I am going to be selling my DIY kits at my EBay store Natural Homestead.  I will make sure to let you know when its ready:)

Borax

Borax

Looks different than the small baking soda box.

1 bar of my soap, its around 3-4 oz.

All the ingredients.

Grate the sopa hard to take a picture of the light colored soap.

Put the grated soap in the ziploc bag.

1 cup each of borax and washing soda.

Look safe for HE Machines.


Mixing time, mix well.

1 tbsp per load, 2 tbsp if really soiled.


No comments:

Post a Comment