Bill Me Later

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Detox the bathroom 2

We have already conquered detoxing bar soap in the bathroom, so I decided to move onto deodorant.  Most commercial deodorants are crammed full of things you might not even realize.  The main ingredient that bothers me is aluminum, yes I said aluminum.  The aluminum in deodorant prevents you from sweating, (I think most people still sweat) but in reality that harms the body from doing what it is suppose to do.  Aluminum has been linked to Alzheimer's, many patients have elevated levels of aluminum in their systems.  In addition to his, I have seen an  increasing amount of studies about breast cancer and aluminum.  The following deodorant is not only simple to make but is really does work.

Ingredients

1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup baking soda
1 tbsp beeswax(optional)
essential oil fragrance if you want to scent it

Place all ingredients in a saucepan and mix and melt together on the stove. You will know they are mixed together well when you get a clear look to the mixture. Once you have mixed everything well pour into a container with a lid or an old deodorant tube. Let it cool, it will be a solid white substance when cool, and you are ready to go. Now that was easy.

I hope you give it a try or in a couple weeks I will have my online store operating and you can purchase it from me.

The ingredients as listed above--the baby food jar is what I usually put the deodorant in.
Everything all measured out.


Everything in the pan ready to put on the stove.

The ingredients melting together.


I have my mold ready, I am just using a soap mold today, I am out of jars.
Looks good and doesn't feel like any grit on the bottom.

I poured the deodorant in the molds and now to let it harden.  I wanted to speed the process up so I put it in the freezer for 20 minutes and they popped right out.

That recipe made four bars of deodorant!
 
Now we have taken another chemical laden product out of the bathroom.  Next week we will conquer yet another way to detox the bathroom.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment