Bill Me Later

Friday, January 11, 2013

Hungry for Change

My husband is very interested in documentaries about food and where it comes from.  I usually avoid watching these with him because I know I will not want to eat when its over.  Last night was a little different, I made it halfway through a documentary before I had enough.  The documentary we watched was called Hungry For Change, we watched this on Netflix but can be found on hungryforchange.tv, there is also a book available.

This documentary gives a vivid description of how large food manufactures can hide msg, high fructose corn syrups, and even fake blueberries in your food.  I was in shock by the things that they do, in the portion I watched it was explained that there are over 50 ways to hide msg in our food and basically if they do not want you to know it is in your food they just do not put it on the label!  It is also explained how the food manufactures have us addicted to their food by the ingredients, they have to keep us coming back, right?

I encourage everyone to watch this film, even with their children, there is nothing that's inappropriate for them to see.  I hope you enjoy it and I also recommend Food Matter and Farmageddon, this will bring all the true corruption to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment