Bill Me Later

Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Transition

My Transition!

The last year has been life changing for me and my family. My husband has always wanted to move and I guess I was not opposed or for it, just kinda going with the flow. I mean really in a depressed real estate market who would buy our 17 acre property in the land of corn fields and hay in west central Ohio? That was the thought in the back of my mind in June of 2012 when I agreed to place out little farm up for sale to “see what happens”.

Well to my surspise when our farm was offically listed a couple days after the 4th, we were being assaulted with calls from our realtor for showings. Seriously? Seriously, is all I could say. In a whirl wind romance with the realtor our farm was sold in less than two weeks, so that means we have to move!!!! This was an intense moment of stress and excitment my husband and I, my in laws, and brother in law all started the quest.

We have until September 15, 2012 to look because we raised contract turkeys and we had to finish out our flock of turkeys. These two months were terrible, we took 8 road trips over a span of five states looking at anything from dairy farms, to bare ground(really with nothing and my husband thinking me and our three boys could live ok in a fifth wheel camper till we had a home built, I do not think so), to huge ranches. I know I have failed to mention alot about our backround, I will get to that in further posts, but my husband grew up on the family dairy farm so this whole farming thing is in his blood, forever. We looked and looked some more and our closing came and went and we still had nowhere to move, that meant we had to move next door with my brother in law for a while, not bad at least he has a big house.

Finally, we found 2 properties in nothern middle Tennessee, not too far from home and its beautiful, plus a little warmer which is A ok in my book. We went and looked at both of them, they are within minutes of one another, and we were sold. It was not a dairy farm but it would be 70 acres we could never afford in Ohio, and my husband could farm and all would be good. In reality all has been good the move was horrible, I will never do it again. We have a much smaller home, from 2500 square feet to 1100 square feet, good thing we bought to semi trailers to move in because I still need the storage. We are getting there, I am getting my act together slowly but surely. I am getting to so something I like and that is to write and even better things I enjoy can be interesting to others! I am going to leave this first post like this, I know it is vague but its a start. I will describe more about where we can from and what we will do as we go. I am going to make January detoxify your bathroom month, its actually pretty easy. Have a good day and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment