Bill Me Later

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lets Do Fresh Dinner Rolls Tonight!

I am an avid bread lover nothing I can do about it.  I wanted to cut our bread in my diet I just do not have the will power right now!  The only alternative that leaves me with is to make my own bread so I can control the ingredients.  There is nothing I enjoy more than warm bread with our dinner, sadly the warm bread is usually me popping open a can of refrigerated dinner rolls.  These dinner rolls are good but what is in them? 

On several occasions I have tried to make dinner rolls or biscuits for dinner but they taste like baking powder or are hard as a rock and nobody appreciates that!  Today I wanted to give this a try again, I was home all afternoon waiting a good friend from out of state to stop by and I thought lets do dinner rolls but I was out of eggs now to look through some recipes.  I recently found a recipe on Pinterest(follow me Tasha Otte) I wanted to try so I looked it up, just my luck it needed no eggs, the decision was made.

Here we go:

4-5 cups of flour
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp yeast
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup water

1. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, sugar and yeast in large mixing bowl.  Mix well.
2. Heat milk, butter, and water until hot in a saucepan or microwave.  Heat till warm, not boiling.
3. Add hot liquid to the dry mix in the large bowl. Mix well for about 2 minutes, will smooth out.
4. Add a 1/2 cup of flour at a time and mix well.  Today I added 4 1/2 cups of flour.  Add flour until a ball forms.  The ball should be well formed and not wet or sticky.
5. Knead 3 times.  Place dough ball back into the large mixing bowl.  Place the bowl in a warm spot and cover, make sure it is not drafty or too cold or bread will not rise properly. Let rise 15 minutes.
6. Get a 9 x 13 baking pan and spray with non cook spray.  Turn oven on 350 degrees.
7. Punch down dough and form small balls and place them in the pan.  Repeat until done, you can make all the same size or various sizes.
8. Let rise for 15 minutes, covered in the same warm spot.
9. Bake 20 minutes until golden brown!

This is a simple recipe I hope you will enjoy, I finally found a recipe that turned out yea me!  Everyone enjoyed them, we had about a half a pan leftover, looks like bread tomorrow too.  I am thinking this would be great to make into cinnamon rolls, another roll in a can my family enjoys!

Another place you can find me at is Homestead Creations-Enjoy the Simple Life on Facebook!

The ingredients.

 The dry ingredients getting ready to mix.
Milk, water, and butter getting heated.


Forgot to take an earlier shot of me adding the liquid to dry ingredients but I think you got it.

Mix Well.
Keep adding flour until you get a nice ball.

 Knead 3 times.
Form a ball again.  Place in bowl and let rise.

Hard to tell but this has risen alot, punch down and form small balls.


The pan is full and ready to rise.

The rolls are done rising and ready for the oven.

Baked to perfection twenty minutes later.
 
Please give this a try, I amm sure you will enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment