Bill Me Later

Friday, January 18, 2013

Homemade Cough Syrup

I keep hearing on the news and from my friends that the flu is hitting hard this year!  WE have been pretty lucky at our house so far this year.  I wanted to give everyone a great recipe for cough syrup.  This recipe will take care of a cough like you would not believe, you first need to get over the terrible taste!

1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp honey

Mix the first 4 ingredients well, then add the honey.  Mix well and it is done:)  You can leave it on the counter for a few days or you can refrigerate it.  It is possible to make a larger batch if needed.

Shake well before use!  Take 1 tbsp as needed, I give 1 tsp to my 7 year old, but I have not given it to my younger children, I would think it would be just fine but use a smaller dose.

No comments:

Post a Comment